First Custom Built PC – It’s Easy
Recently I have completed one of the PC gamers milestones, I have been successful in my first custom built PC!
The Specs are:
CPU: Intel I7 6700k Overclocked to 4.5ghz
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61
Mobo: Asrock z170 Pro4S
RAM: 16gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX
GPU: AMD MSI R9 380 4gb
SSD: Kingston 240gb
PSU: EVGA 750b
Case: NZXT H440
N.B. I did buy thermal paste but the NZXT Kraken x61 comes with thermal paste pre applied.
My advice to anyone considering building a PC for the first time would be:
- Check out some videos on Youtube, I found Linus Tech Tips extremely helpful as they do many build guides and you gain a basic understanding of what to do.
- Get a friend to help out too! Having an extra set of eyes can be extremely helpful, not to mention the help you get with the fiddly bits.
- It is not as scary a task as some will have you believe, as long as you keep yourself static free and have something to ground yourself on (I had my old PC next to me) then you will be fine!
- Make sure you have the correct boot drives for windows otherwise you will have a large paperweight!
- Remember that your PC is upgradable in the future, you can change parts whenever you need!
If you have been considering for some time about your first custom built PC then start saving money and go for it! It ended being one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve done and it looks great too!
Thanks for reading
Please like follow and share!
Read My Previous Blog: The Launch of The Boo Tube App
Trackback from your site.
British gamer and technology addict.